Treat yourself to your own manicure or pedicure
Prepare a hand or foot bath of warm water with the juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon, to refresh and cleanse. Mix in a teaspoon of sea salt that acts as an antibacterial, and a teaspoon of vinegar to discourage discoloration. Soak hands or feet for 6-8 minutes.
- Massage hands and feet for 3-4 minutes with a small handful of sea salt with a little warm olive oil and then wash them thoroughly.
- Hard skin on the soles of the feet is removed with a ceramic foot file and softened with oily creams. Also try massaging the hard skin with a nail brush right after bath. Feel free to file a little, but this often leads to stimulating extra hard skin formation, if you remove too much hard skin at a time. Too narrow of shoes or high heels can also provoke extra hard skin formation in the stressed areas, so change your footwear regularly.
- Massage and soften cuticles on both hands and feet with nail oil and gently push them back with the corner of a terry towel or with a stick of rosewood.
- File the nails in a beautiful shape by moving the file from the sides towards the center – thus getting the best shape and avoiding flossing nails.
- Finish with hand and foot cream and nail polish in your favorite color.